Taiwan is still focused on retaining its independence. As such, they retain the greatest greatest ratio of active troops to total population. Taiwan has a very effective balance of defensive and offensive troops. On top of that, they aren’t subject to any sanctions or military restrictions, so a $10 billion dollar budget goes a long way.
- Active Personnel: 1,972,000
- Defense Budget: $34,000,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 7,840
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 72
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 815
Canadian has a long history of war neutrality. However, the nation’s leadership understands that it must be ready to protect it. The world’s widest procurement programs and best technological upkeep are responsible for Canada’s war-free past. And, as an active NATO member, its military has consistently demonstrated their professionalism during peace-keeping missions in the Mideast region.
- Active Personnel: 142,000
- Defense Budget: $15,200,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 3,360
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 0
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 426