Similarly to what happened in China, Pakistan’s economy has boomed due to a rapid industrialization. While internal political conflicts persist to this day, the country demonstrated its modern warfare capability during numerous peace keeping missions and disaster relief operations. If Pakistan’s military budget keeps growing at its current rate, it’ll make the top 10 list by 2018.
- Active Personnel: 1,135,000
- Defense Budget: $7,000,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 8,900
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 134
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 923
Italy’s navy makes it a key NATO member. As such, they focused their military budget on maintaining the best naval technologies and maintaining the most impressive fleet in the region. A lack of mandatory service means motivated, well-trained troops. And the relatively large defense budget implies world-class military technologies.
- Active Personnel: 362,000
- Defense Budget: $34,000,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 7,790
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 21
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 785
The absence of the United States and Russia, makes this list impossible to take seriously.
Actually, Russia’s in third place and the U.S. of A. tops the list.
I’m guessing you didn’t see all the slides;)