22. North Korea/Brazil
North Korea shares the title of #22 with Brazil. The isolated communist state rules by fear, which requires more foot soldiers then they could equip. However, even with bows and arrows, 5,000,000 soldiers are a force to be reckoned with. Especially in this case, when each one underwent North Korea’s notoriously rough military training.
- Active Personnel: 5,200,000
- Defense Budget: $7,500,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 14,800
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 2,400
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 944
Brazil is, without a doubt, the dominant military power of South America. A blooming economy has allowed it to equip a two-million-strong fighting force with some of the best modern equipment available. Plus, Brazil now boasts one of the world’s largest naval forces, including a new Aircraft Carrier and five stealth submarines.
- Active Personnel: 2,130,00
- Defense Budget: $31,900,000,000
- Armed land vehicles: 2,260
- Multi-launch Rocket Systems: 180
- Aircraft (fighters, interceptors, attack copters): 735
The absence of the United States and Russia, makes this list impossible to take seriously.
Actually, Russia’s in third place and the U.S. of A. tops the list.
I’m guessing you didn’t see all the slides;)