We’re looking for a smart and experienced news junkie to join Suggestive’s News’ curation team and tell our readers on a multitude of platforms what is happening in the world today.
The successful candidate will have experience at a professional news organization, superior news judgement, excellent communication skills, and be obsessed with figuring out what people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about online.
This job is full-time and is a remote position. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Manage and grow Suggestive’s presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more.
- Effectively use news judgement and data to curate stories for the upcoming Suggestive News app, social accounts and home page to best present news stories for our audiences.
- Determine which news events should be sent as push notifications, then craft and send the notifications.
- Coordinate with the news desk on gathering, verifying and confirming social content.
- Provide live coverage during breaking news events via social media accounts and vlogging.
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell news stories across Suggestive’s distributed news channels.
- 1-3 years of experience editing an app, homepage, or social media account for a news organization.
- A national and world news junkie with an interest and understanding of politics, business, tech, sports, science, and global affairs.
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and work quickly, accurately, and confidently in a fast-paced breaking news environment.
- Relentless attention to detail while comfortable multi-tasking in fast-moving news environments.
- Comfortable with real-time social reporting: searching for photos, live-tweeting press conferences, etc.
- Have a demonstrated ability to craft notifications, tweets, Facebook posts, and live coverage that people want to share and engage with.
- Deep understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Well-rounded knowledge of photo and video editing software.
- Experience with real-time analytics and social sharing tools.
- Must be a team player and live on the Internet.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY